260 g flour
3 vanilla beans (scraped)
3 g salt
1 whole egg (50 g)
73 g water
- Blend flour, vanilla, salt and lime zest in food processor.
- Add egg and water, and blend into dough.
- Kneed by hand until smooth and leave to rest.
- Roll out until thin and fry in cocoa butter at 175°C.
Spiced Chocolate Cake
115 g Cacao Barry® cocoa mass Grand Caraque
120 g water (hot)
170 g cream (36%)
170 g Plugrá butter
250 g sugar
150 g whole eggs
4 g vanilla paste
155 g flour
40 g cocoa powder
3 g salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp chipotle
½ tsp cumin
¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Blend together hot water and cocoa mass, add cream and set aside.
- Blend butter and sugar until light. Add eggs bit by bit, followed by vanilla paste.
- Sift together all dry ingredients. Alternately add chocolate mixture and dry ingredients to butter mixture.
- Blend until smooth and pipe into mould.
- Bake at 175°C for 10 minutes.
750 g water
100 g milk powder
50 g Trimoline® (invert sugar)
90 g sugar
7 g ice cream stabiliser
260 g Cacao Barry® milk chocolate couverture Lactée Barry 35% cocoa
50 g cocoa mass
2 g vanilla paste
- Mix water and milk powder, and heat to 80°C.
- Mix together sugar and stabiliser, and whisk into previous mixture.
- Bring to 90°C, and whisk in chocolate and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth and strain. Leave to mature for 1 hour before churning.
White Chocolate Avocado Crémeux
6 Hass avocados
144 g whole milk
30 g sugar
58 g egg yolks
144 g Cacao Barry® white chocolate Zéphyr™ 34% cocoa
8 g silver leaf gelatine
- Remove avocado flesh and pass through fine mesh.
- Add lime juice and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Heat milk, and temper in egg yolks and sugar. Cook until thick.
- Strain over chocolate, add gelatine and blend smooth.
- Scale 250 g of avocado mixture and blend with chocolate mixture. Keep warm until needed.