Dark Chocolate Crémeux
245 g cream (35%)
55 g egg yolks
25 g invert sugar
150 g Cacao Barry® Plantation dark chocolate couverture Alto El Sol 65% cocoa
- Bring cream to a boil.
- Mix together egg yolks and invert sugar, and add to boiling cream.
- Create crème anglaise by reheating mixture to 80°C under continuous stirring.
- Strain over chocolate and emulsify.
- Pour into small mould.
Apricot Pâte de Fruit
595 g Fruit'Purée Apricot Capfruit (frozen)
13 g pectin
64 g caster sugar
510 g caster sugar
148 g liquid glucose
4 g tartaric acid
3 g boiling water
- Bring defrosted Fruit'Purée Apricot Capfruit to a boil in saucepan.
- Mix together 64 g of caster sugar and pectin, add to fruit puree and bring to a boil again.
- Add 510 g of caster sugar and bring to a boil again.
- Add glucose and bring mixture to 75° Brix (or 107°C).
- Dissolve tartaric acid in 3 g of boiling water and add to previous mixture.
- Join together 2 large frames with dot of chocolate in each corner, line with silpat mat and pour jelly into frame.
90 g cream (35%)
80 g cream (35%)
40 g Cacao Barry® milk chocolate couverture Alunga™ 41% cocoa
75 g Cacao Barry® Praliné 65% Héritage Almonds Hazelnuts
2 g lime zest
1 g gelatine leaves
150 g Cacao Barry® Sablage Morella whole caramelized hazelnuts
- Semi-whip 90 g of cream and store in refrigerator.
- Melt together chocolate and hazelnut praliné in microwave.
- Boil together 80 g of cream and lime zest, and strain over chocolate mixture.
- Add soaked gelatine and fold into whipped cream.
- Add roughly chopped caramelised hazelnuts.
348 g egg whites
8 g cream of tartar
280 g ground pistachios
280 g icing sugar
- Whisk together egg whites, cream of tartar and one-third of icing sugar in stand mixer until a soft peak is obtained. Gradually add remaining icing sugar.
- Remove from stand mixer, gently fold in sieved ground pistachios and spread out evenly onto 560 by 360 mm flexipan.
- Bake at 170°C for 25 minutes.
Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Coating
750 g Cacao Barry® dark chocolate couverture Extra-Bitter Guayaquil 64% cocoa
200 g oil
200 g hazelnut pieces
Melt together chocolate and oil, and add hazelnut pieces.
Finishing and assembly:
- Apply dark chocolate crémeux.
- Apply apricot pâte de fruit.
- Leave to rest for a while, and apply nut crunch and pistachio dacquoise.
- Coat with dark chocolate and hazelnut coating.