100 g bread flour
120 g water (at 28°C)
7.5 g dry yeast
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Mix together all ingredients and leave to rest for 2 hours.
Brioche with Vanilla and Orange Zest
221 g Poolish
336 g bread flour
150 g whole eggs
45 g milk
24 g honey
33 g caster sugar
7.5 g salt
1.5 vanilla bean pulp
Zest of 1.5 orange
131 g butter (soft)
- Safe butter, mix together all ingredients with beater at slow speed until smooth.
- Change to hook and mix dough for 6 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Progressively add butter, vanilla and orange zest while mixing until dough is ready.
- Put dough into greased cambro and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Make three folds with 15-minute intervals and place in refrigerator.
Orange and Apricot Confiture
165 g soft butter
3 g Himalayan salt
112 g icing sugar
38 g almond powder
75 g whole eggs
225 g cake flour
30 g Cacao Barry® cocoa powder Extra Brute
- Mix together butter, salt, icing sugar and almond powder.
- Add eggs.
- Pass flour and cocoa power through sieve, and add.
- Pour mixture into moulds and freeze.
Chocolate and Hazelnut Spread
28 g water
78 g caster sugar
65 g glucose
250 g cream
40 g invert sugar
200 g Cacao Barry® Origin milk chocolate couverture Ghana 40% cocoa
100 g Cacao Barry® Pure Hazelnut Paste
- Make a light caramel.
- Boil together cream, invert sugar and glucose.
- Add to caramel and cook for 1 minute.
- Leave to cool to 60°C.
- Pour onto chocolate and hazelnut paste.
- Emulsify and pipe into moulds.
414 g milk
564 g cream
15 g invert sugar
183 g Cacao Barry® Origin dark chocolate couverture Venezuela 72% cocoa
84 g Cacao Barry® Origin milk chocolate couverture Ghana 40% cocoa
- Boil together milk, cream and invert sugar.
- Strain onto chocolate and emulsify.
- Serve immediately.
Finishing and assembly:
- Cut brioche into donut shape and place into moulds line with chocolate sablé.
- Leave to prove for 90 minutes.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Fill bread with confiture and decorate.
- Serve bread with hot chocolate and spread.