Club Cake Origin (Chocolate & Orange)
90 g icing sugar
90 g egg whites
90 g flour
90 g butter
Water-soluble brown colouring
- Mix together icing sugar, flour and egg whites.
- Melt butter at 45°C and add.
- Colour one half of mixture with egg yolks, the other half with brown colouring.
- Spread out on silpat with spatula and create desired effect.
- Place in freezer.
Chocolate Biscuit 650 g/tray
55 g invert sugar
190 g whole eggs
55 g almond powder
95 g sugar
90 g single cream (35%)
95 g flour
20 g Cacao Barry® cocoa powder Plein Arôme
7 g baking powder
2 g salt
55 g butter
20 g Cacao Barry® cocoa mass Grand Caraque
- Melt together butter and cocoa mass at 50°C.
- Mix together all other ingredients and incorporate cocoa mass mixture.
- Pour onto silpat-covered tray (already decorated with cigarette dough).
- Bake at 170°C for 8 minutes.
Speculoos Chocolate 100 g/tray
22 g butter
27 g brown sugar
44 g flour
4 g milk
0.5 g salt
8 g Cacao Barry® cocoa powder Plein Arôme
- Mix together all ingredients and homogenise.
- Strain into tray covered with greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 150°C for 20 minutes.
Crunchy Speculoos Chocolate Praliné 200 g/layer
70 g Cacao Barry® Almond Hazelnut Praliné
81 g chocolate speculoos
8 g butter
22 g Cacao Barry® Deodorized Cocoa Butter
20 g Cacao Barry® dark chocolate couverture Ocoa™ 70% cocoa
- Mix together praliné and chocolate speculoos.
- Melt together butter, cocoa butter and chocolate at 45°C.
- Mix together both mixtures and pour over chocolate biscuit.
Chocolate Ganache Fleur de Cao Twice 225 g/layer
200 g single cream (35%)
200 g Cacao Barry® Origin dark chocolate couverture Tanzanie 75% cocoa
53 g glucose DE40
- Heat together cream and glucose.
- Pour over chocolate and homogenise.
Orange Compote 200 g/layer
10 g glucose DE40
135 g whole Tunisian Maltese oranges
24 g invert sugar
30 g sugar
4 g pectin NH
- Blanch oranges three times and mash them into puree.
- Heat together orange puree, glucose and invert sugar.
- Slowly add sugar and pectin, and heat up to 65°C.
- Leave to cool and mix well.
Finishing and assembly:
- When cool, cut chocolate biscuit into 49 by 7 cm strips.
- Place one chocolate biscuit strip on a 1-cm thick Plexiglas frame, cover with ganache and place one chocolate biscuit strip on top.
- Place 0.8-mm thick Plexiglas frame on top of chocolate biscuit strip, cover with orange compote and place one chocolate biscuit strip on top.
- Place 1-cm thick Plexiglas frame on top of chocolate biscuit strip, cover with ganache and place one chocolate biscuit strip on top.
- Leave to rest in freezer, pull out Plexiglas frames from between and cut into 7 by 7 cm triangles.
- Eat at room temperature.