Sea Salt Caramel
137 g sugar
75 g cream (35%)
12 g glucose DE40
53 g butter
2.5 g Guérande sea salt
¼ Madagascar vanilla bean
0.5 g gelatine powder
2.5 g water
20 g Cacao Barry® dark chocolate couverture Inaya™ 65% cocoa
- Hydrate gelatine in water. Caramelise sugar and deglaze with heated mixture of cream, glucose, salt and vanilla.
- Mix in gelatine and leave to cool to 50°C. Mix in butter and melted chocolate, and homogenise.
2.16% cocoa butter
26.24% fat matter
82.87% dry matter
0.7709 aw (water activity)
65 g cream (35%)
25 g butter
19 g sorbitol powder
25 g yuzu powder
22 g glucose powder
40 g yuzu juice
40 g Cacao Barry® Plantation dark chocolate couverture Madirofolo 65% cocoa
166 g Cacao Barry® milk chocolate couverture Alunga™ 41% cocoa
- Melt chocolate and mix it together with sorbitol, glucose and yuzu powder in Thermomix.
- Mix and heat cream and butter, and pour over chocolate mixture.
- Add heated yuzu juice and mix into homogeneous ganache.
17.67% cocoa butter
14.21% fat matter
82.38% dry matter
0.8341 aw (water activity)
Yuzu-Sea Salt Crunch
67 g Cacao Barry® white chocolate Zéphyr™ 34% cocoa
5 g oil
10 g yuzu powder
10 g Cacao Barry® Pailleté Feuilletine™
10 g amaranth
0.4 g Guérande sea salt
0.4 g sansho powder
5 g popping candy
- Melt chocolate and mix together with all other ingredients.
- Roll out until 2 mm thick and cut out shape of the crunch.
Finishing and assembly
- Make chocolate shell with Cacao Barry® dark chocolate couverture Extra-Bitter Guayaquil 64% cocoa in 1829CW mould.
- Fill one side of mould (3 mm from edge) with salted caramel and place crunch on top.
- Fill other side of mould with ganache and leave to set.
- Stick mould together and leave to crystallise.
Shelf life: 6 weeks