View recipes of Massimo Carnio
- Melt chocolate at 50°C and temper to 31°C.
- Pipe sufficient amount of chocolate to cover whole mould, vibrate mould to remove any air bubbles in chocolate and remove excess chocolate to obtain a thin shell.
- Leave to set in refrigerator at 15°C.
250 g Fruit'Purée Calamansi Capfruit
35 g sugar
6 g pectin ACEF
325 g sugar
18 g glucose 43DE
3 g citric acid solution
- Poach together sugar and pectin in saucepan.
- Add Fruit'Purée Calamansi Capfruit.
- Safe for citric acid, add all remaining ingredients.
- Heat up to 70° Brix, remove from heat and add citric acid.
- Pour onto silpat and leave to cool. Mix well with scraper and pipe into chocolate shells.
Earl Grey Filling (Bergamot)
210 g milk
30 g bergamot Earl Grey tea
50 g dextrose
300 g Cacao Barry® white chocolate Blanc Satin™ 29% cocoa
50 g Cacao Barry® cocoa mass Grand Caraque
15 g glucose 43DE
25 g butter
65 g Cacao Barry® Deodorized Cocoa Butter
- Heat up milk to 85°C, add Earl Grey tea and leave to infuse for 5 minutes before straining.
- Pour into small jug, add sugars, chocolate, cocoa mass and cocoa butter.
- Mix well for approx. 3 minutes to obtain shiny texture.
- At 29-30°C , pour onto calamondin gelatine.
250 g cane sugar
6 g orange zest
3 g ginger
- Mix together sugar, orange zest and ginger.
- Cover mixture and leave to infuse for 24 hours. Add 40 g of pistachio cremino.
200 g Cacao Barry® white chocolate Blanc Satin™ 29% cocoa
110 g pistachio paste
- Mix together chocolate and pistachio paste, and heat up to 30°C.
- Add orange and ginger crunch, and mix well.
- Temper to 26°C on the marble and pipe into chocolate shells. Fill shells entirely.
Finishing and assembly:
- After piping three different textures into chocolate shells, leave them to cool.
- Fill piping bag with Cacao Barry® dark chocolate couverture Extra-Bitter Guayaquil 64% cocoa, close moulds with chocolate and seal them with soft acetate sheets.
- Place moulds in refrigerator for 10 minutes, unmould shells and place them on Plexiglas board.